Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Trend Session: Pendleton Chic by Lesley Thompson

I'm always impressed when a company is able to successfully re-invent themselves to cater to a younger audience. Many companies have effectively re-entered the market anew with a new image and design aesthetic while maintaining their design roots (Lacoste, Fred Perry, Halston, and Penguin to name a few).

But I think Pendleton has really done something interesting and exciting with their brand that I couldn't help but notice. By recruiting designers Nathaniel Crissman, Rachel Turk (from the vintage chic label Church & State), and John Blasioli (a menswear designer who was responsible for dressing The Decemberists), Pendleton was able to breathe a new life into the brand.

They created a new offshoot brand called The Portland Collection that caters to that young, edgy customer who's not afraid of a little print. Here are some shots from their Fall 2011 line:




They have also partnered with super trend setters Opening Ceremony and I am in LOVE with the line. Here's some looks and handbags from their collaboration:

Another collab worth noting, it their work with Nike. I LOVE these high tops and ski jacket!


 

Usually I'm not into this kind of style, but I may have just been made a believer!

No comments:

Post a Comment