Friday, September 16, 2011

5 Things by Brianna Collins

This week my 5 Things list comes from two very prominent traits of mine. I always want to be prepared and I love efficiency! Because of that I have developed quite the arsenal of accessories and wardrobe essentials that I wear (almost) everyday to help make my job simpler and get things done faster. So here you go: my list of 5 Things I wear to make my job easier.  

1. Pockets.
This is probably my favorite thing to have throughout the day. I use them for everything. They function most importantly though as my walkie-talkie holder and my trashcan. I can really tell how much I accomplished at the end of the day by emptying out my pockets. Bonus pockets if I’m wearing pants and a blazer!

 
2. Calculator Watch
This is my most popular accessory at work (and life). The old men love it! Sure, it’s generally used for calculating my discount, but it sure is handy at 7 in the morning when you’re stuck on a ladder, asked to do quick math but you haven’t had your coffee yet.


3. Pin Cushion Bracelet
This amazing piece of jewelry is a life saver in the men’s trimming world. It’s perfect for impromptu hemming on the sales floor or methodical forming in the back. I love you neon green pin cushion. You are way better than carrying around pins on my shirt all day.



4. Screwdriver Necklace
This nifty invention was custom made for me after I put holes in the back pockets of all my pants from carrying screwdrivers around in them all day. It’s the perfect length so I don’t even have to take it off when unscrewing my mannequins from their base. It also doubles as a shoe horn in a tight fighting emergency. I really love this.

 
5. A Smile!
A favorite song of mine starts with the lyrics “It is not a good day if you are not looking good.” And it’s true. When you look good, you feel good and when you feel good you are happy and productive. Something as simple as a smile can change your whole attitude. And the attitudes of the people you are working with. Laugh and smile. It looks good on you. Trust me.


So those are the things that I use to make my job easier. If you have any great ideas of your own I’d love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment